Black Sails Returns January 2017
Black Sails is one of the most underrated and most recommended shows on air, and you still have time to catch up before the fourth and final season airs in January. It is beautifully filmed and portrays one of the bloodiest eras in maritime history. The series is based on younger versions of the famous fictional characters of Captain Flint, Billy Bones and Long John Silver from Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island, meshed with the legends of real-life 18th century pirates like Blackbeard, Charles Vane, Anne Bonny, Jack Rackham and others with similar cutthroat nature that made them famous today.
Blastr caught up with the series producers at New York Comic Con to dissect Black Sails appeal, the creative freedom they’re allowed with being on a network like Starz, the evolution of genre television, the show’s feature-quality effects and what the audiences can expect from this last season and the expansive narrative canvas it traverses.
Take a look at this exclusive interview with Jon Steinberg, Dan Shotz and Robert Levine. Black Sails sets sail on its 10-episode final season January 29, 2017.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)