BLOODY GOOD: DEXTER WILL RETURN!
Showtime has come to terms with Dexter star Michael C. Hall for a two-year deal which, in turn, allowed the network to extend everyone’s favorite serial-killer drama through an eighth season. “On behalf of the entire Dexter family, we relish the invitation to delve ever deeper into Dexter’s world,” says Hall.
“Dexter’s enormous success is a real tribute to the great achievements of its cast, producers, and the powerhouse performance of Michael C. Hall,” says David Nevins, Showtime’s president of Entertainment. “The series is bigger than it’s ever been in its sixth season, both in terms of audience and its impact on the cultural landscape. Together with Michael, the creative team on the show has a very clear sense of where they intend to take the show over the next two seasons and, as a huge fan, I’m excited to watch the story of Dexter Morgan play out.”
According to a report by Deadline.com, Hall will earn between $20-$24 million over the course of the new deal. Each season will be 12 episodes. Production on the series’ seventh season begins next year.
Look for Dexter props and wardrobe items coming soon to VIP Fan Auctions!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)