KATHY GRIFFIN COMING TO GLEE? YOU BETCHA!
Comedian Kath Griffin confirmed Friday via Twitter that she will be appearing on an upcoming episode of Glee. Griffin will play a “recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler – a Sarah Palin type,” according to Movieline.com. While Griffin will undoubtedly relish the role after taking numerous shots at Sarah and Bristol Palin in her stand-up act (and took the father of the younger Palin’s child, Levi Johnston, on a date), Glee creator Ryan Murphy told TV Guide last June that the new character is all about inclusiveness. “I’m adding a Christian character,” he told the magazine. “We’ve taken a couple jabs at the right wing this year, so what I want to do with this character is have someone who Christian kids and parents can recognize and say, ‘Oh, look – I’m represented there, too!’ If we’re trying to form a world of inclusiveness, we’ve got to include that point of view as well.” Griffin appeared last fall with the cast of Glee at Models of Pride, a benefit for LGBT youth, in Los Angeles.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)