WIT AND WISDOM OF A MAD MAN
If you can’t get enough of the all-too-brief seasons of Mad Men, you will soon have a must-read to help get you through the months between. The fictional memoir that advertising kingpin Roger Sterling Jr. penned in the fourth season of the show has found a real publisher! Sterling’s Gold: Wit and Wisdom of an Ad Man is being published by Grove/Atlantic in time for Christmas.
Examples of Sterling’s wit and witticism in the book include:
“You want to be on some people’s minds. Some people’s you don’t.”
“The day you sign a client is the day you start losing them.”
“Being with a client is like being in a marriage. Sometimes you get into it for the wrong reasons and eventually they hit you in the face.”
“When a man gets to a point in his life when his name’s on the building, he can get an unnatural sense of entitlement.”
“Remember, when God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
The book is expected to be released in November, with a cover price of $16.95.
Tell us what TV character’s biography you would like to read?
In related Mad Men news, check out Jon Hamm as he hosts Saturday Night Live this Saturday!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)