When 33-year-old Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) designed Goliath National Bank (demolishing the historic Arcadian Hotel in the process), he became the youngest architect to design a New York City skyscraper – a distinction that landed him on the cover of New York magazine. A copy of the magazine featuring Ted on the cover – featured on-screen in the first two episodes of the seventh season (pictured above) – is now available to the How I Met Your Mother fan who casts the winning bid at VIP Fan Auctions. This amazing piece of publishing memorabilia also features several clever inside jokes, such as the cover blurb that says “Honeywell & Cootes: Planet Earth’s Personal Bodyguard” (a reference to the law firm where Marshall works as an environmental lawyer); “By George! Is Van Smoot Van Smitten?” (a reference to the Admiral); “Mystery vs. History: Is it Better Not to Know?” (a reference to the sixth episode of the seventh season); and “Willem… Dafoe” (reference to Marshall’s fifth-season observation that actor WiIlem Dafoe’s name sounds like a frog talking to a parrot). The back cover has an ad for the Goliath National Bank credit card. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to own this special issue – click here for more information and to place a bid today – this auction ends soon!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)