The courtroom battle between former Desperate Housewives cast member Nicollette Sheridan (who played Edie Britt from 2004 to 2009) and her former studio bosses has ended without a verdict. After jurors said they were “hopelessly deadlocked,” the judge on Monday declared a mistrial. The jurors reportedly were split 8-4 in favor of the actress – at least nine jurors had to agree to render a definitive verdict. Attorneys for both sides indicated a desire to try the wrongful-termination case again. “You’d think we’d be disappointed, but … we’re not,” Mark Baute, Sheridan’s attorney, told reporters. “We got the story out. We told the truth. Twelve of our fellow citizens made a judgment. We came up one short. We’ll do the dance again.” Early in the trial, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge dismissed Sheridan’s battery complaint against Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Check out the array of Desperate Housewives wardrobe items worn on-screen by Sheridan – as well as Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria – at VIP Fan Auctions today! Click here to view the current auctions.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)