O CAPTAIN! MY CAPTAIN!
George “The Captain” Van Smoot enjoyed an intertwined saga in How I Met Your Mother. He is the fabulously wealthy husband of activist/Ted’s girlfriend Zoey Pierson (Jennifer Morrison). He is an old friend of Marshall’s former horrible boss at Goliath National Bank, Arthur Hobbs. And he offered Lily (Alyson Hannigan) her dream job as an art consultant in Italy; and he is the recipient of a punch in the face by Marshall the night before Barney’s wedding. The actor who played The Captain, Kyle MacLachlin, also has in intertwined history with hit prime time series including Sex and the City, Twin Peaks (he will reprise his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper when Showtime resurrects the cult hit in 2016), Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother – and a current pivotal role in Agents of SHIELD. VIP Fan Auctions is now offering an opportunity to own a piece of MacLachlin’s remarkable TV career with the Brooks Brothers sweater and silk Hermes Paris tie he wore during the eighth-season HIMYM episode “Romeward Bound” (pictured above). Click here for more information on this piece of wardrobe, and get in on the bidding today!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)