The VIP Fan Blog recently asked Eureka creator Jaime Paglia to search his memory to share his all-time favorite television series – both science fiction and beyond – and to reflect on the experience of bringing his own series to the screen.
“It has been an amazing journey,” Paglia says. “It’s a little surreal to have an idea go from the page to the screen and have people around the world embrace it.”
Paglia says a variety of TV shows influenced him.
“I was a big fan of Star Trek, Star Trek: TNG, The X-Files and Twin Peaks,” he says. “I also loved non-sci fi shows like Northern Exposure. Having grown up in a small town in Oregon, I could relate to the characters and appreciated the sensibility. For me, Eureka was a blend of my favorite elements of all of them.”
Thankfully, there were no “Storycatchers” in Paglia’s pocket as he reminisced – otherwise, his memory might have been a blank slate. That’s what happened to the folks at Café Diem in the unforgettable third-season episode “You Don’t Know Jack” – and now one fan has the opportunity to own the “Storycatcher” technology! A dozen of the devices (including a carrying case) featured in the episode are available at VIP’s Eureka auction page.
Click here for photos and details – and don’t forget to place your bid before the auction ends.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)