The Dark Tower Unveils TV Series
The makers of The Dark Tower are unveiling some of their plans for the companion TV series. The movie, which stars Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey, hits theaters on February 17. It will delve into the classic novel by King which covers the adventures of Roland Deschain and the mysterious Man in Black.
MRC and Sony have committed to a full run of between 10 and 13 episodes, which will begin shooting in 2017 (hopefully premiering in 2018). It is yet unclear who will distribute the movie, however it is believed that they will require a cable or streaming platform. MRC has already established a relationship with Netflix (thanks to House of Cards), so that is a potential option for the high-flying drama. A second season of TV is possible, however not confirmed. The plot will be developed to leave a door open to more episodes.
Stay tuned for more updates from VIP, and don’t miss the movie premiere of The Dark Tower this February!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)