THE END OF THE TIME (TRAVEL) IN CHINA
Don’t expect to see Dr. Who popping up in China anytime soon – officials in that country are reportedly restricting television series featuring time travel on its airwaves. The New York Times reported that, on March 31, China’s State Administration for Radio, Film & Television will not allow TV dramas featuring characters traveling back in time because they “lack positive thoughts and meaning.”
The guidelines also said time-travel shows tend to “casually make up myths, have monstrous and weird plots, use absurd tactics, and even promote feudalism, superstition, fatalism and reincarnation,” The Times reported.
Apparently, a spate of TV shows featuring time travel have irked the government. Though the rule may be rooted in a simple desire to portray the past accurately when making Quantum Leaps through the ages, hopes remain high that the U.S. government will invoke even more stringent restrictions on any series featuring Speidi, Snooki or any Kardashian.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)