Spartacus star Lucy Lawless has been sentenced to 120 hours of community service and ordered to pay a $547 fine by a New Zealand court for her part in a 2012 protest against arctic oil drilling. Lawless (see inset) reportedly climbed and spent several days atop the 174-foot tower of a Shell oil ship with five of environmental activist group Greenpeace, according to the Associated Press. Lawless called the ruling “a great victory” and vowed to continue her activism against oil drilling and climate change, the AP reports. As Lucretia on Spartacus, Lawless was more passionate about social standing and deception than social causes, but she dresses like a Roman goddess. Several of her gorgeous gowns are available at VIP Fan Acutions, including the stunning red frock – custom tailored by the Spartacus wardrobe department – that she wore on-screen in she wore in the “Sacramentum” episode of Spartacus: Vengeance. Click here to see photos of the dress and to place your bid today!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)